Invention Marketing Training
Part 6: Getting into Retail
About This Video:
Getting into Retail
- Trying to get your product into Walmart may not be your best first choice. See what retailers want and expect from you.
Step to Get into Retail
- Search for retailers who carry your product type (shopping malls, Internet).
- Call retailer headquarters and ask for the Buyer. Or, see New Vendor application on website.
- Ask for the procedures to consider your product. Or, see procedures in New Vendor section on website.
- Send the material requested.
- Follow-up with a telephone call and email.
- Brochure of your product.
- Price list.
- List of retailers that currently sell your product. If none, don't worry.
- Your marketing and promotion plans.
- Business history.
- Samples (often requested later).
Additional Marketing Resources
Complete Step-By-Step Guide: Invention Marketing Kit
Timesaving Templates: Invention Marketing Templates